An example of the Program of Intelligence for the Bit of Intelligence "Mars"
1. Mars is reddish in color.
1. Appearance of the planet from Earth.
2. Mars is the fourth closest planet to the sun.
2. The order of the planet from the sun.
3. Mars is a little over half the size of Earth.
3. The size of the planet compared to Earth.
4. Life forms from Earth could not live on Mars because it is too cold and there is almost no water and very little oxygen.
4. Conditions on the planet.
5. Mars is named for the Roman god of war.
5. The origin of the planet's name.
6. The average temperature on Mars is 80 degrees below zero.
6. The temperature on the planet's surface.
7. It takes 687 days for Mars to travel once around the sun.
7. The length of time it takes the planet to complete one orbit of the sun.
8. On July 20, 1976, the unnamed U.S. spacecraft "Viking I" landed on Mars and sent back close-up photographs from Mars to Earth.
8. What exploration of this planet has occurred?
9. A 100-pound object on Earth would weigh 38 pounds on Mars.
9. How much would an object weight on this planet compared to its weight on Earth?
10. The force of gravity on Mars is 3/8ths as strong as on Earth.
10. What is the force of gravity on this planet compared to Earth's gravity?